Over 300 representatives from the Civil Society Organization and Local Government Unit of Lanao Del Norte and Misamis Occidental participated in the public consultation on the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Magna Carta of the Poor (RA 11291) yesterday, October 23, 2019, which was held in MCC Gymnasium, Tubod Lanao Del Norte.
The National Anti- Poverty Commission (NAPC) presented the salient points and essential benefits of the Magna Carta of the Poor that President Duterte has recently signed into law and was followed by a plenary discussion facilitated by the discussant, Mr. Alimar Macasindil of Legal Unit of the NAPC.
The consultation aims to solicit and consolidate inputs and suggestions from the participants for integration to the draft IRR. Some of issues and concerns raised by the participants are :
• Clarification on the definition of the “decent work” and PESO ( Public Employment Service Offices) positions must be created with appropriate funding to fully function these offices .
• Concern on Public Health - Provide sanction who will not participate in various health programs. Eg. Mass Deworming.
• Suggestion to include those who are affected on the road clearing and widening in Section 13, Right to Adequate Housing.
• Local Shelter Plan must be formulated per LGU.
• Monthly or quarterly monitoring of local market and price must be implemented.
Mr. Bruce Augusto Calao, DILG Provincial Director of Lanao del Norte also expressed its support to strengthen partnership and enjoin LGUs of the Province in aligning their respective development and poverty reduction plans with the National Poverty Reduction Plan ( NPRP). NAPC ensured that all their inputs and suggestions are well taken and encouraged participants to step up efforts to end poverty not just in their province but also throughout the country.